In Mission 12, named Solar Probes, you have to launch Solar Probe Alpha and Beta into orbit around SOL. The mission suggests to travel to SOL by way of PUR, but this is not required and faster ways of navigating to SOL exist. Ex, Cartesian Navigation.
|Gold||< $22,000,000||< 10m||No|
|Silver||< $22,000,000||< 10m 30s||Yes|
|Bronze||< $22,000,000||< 12m||Yes|
- Put Solar Probe Alpha into orbit around Sun
- Point Alpha's shield toward the sun
- Put Solar Prove Beta into orbit around Sun
- Point Beta's shield toward the sun
- Budget: $22,000,000
- Max time: 12m
- Aim directly for SOL. You might need checkpoints with this tactic. Looking for the illuminated part of HOM might help.
- The Solar Probes themselves have a different way of changing their flight path: hit a rotational thruster and then use the probes' main engines to change its path.
- To get the gold award, the time is too short to launch the Solar Probes separately. You need to do it both.